Bar Manager, Christmas in Leicester Square
Job: Leicester Square’s Christmas Bar Manager
Location: London Leicester Square
Salary: £28,600 pro rata
Dates of Work: November to January
An exciting opportunity to join one of the UK’s leading live entertainment and festival companies.
Underbelly is famous for its bars and we pride ourselves on having friendly and atmospheric bars. Underbelly currently operates 6 festivals in the UK; Underbelly at the Edinburgh Fringe, Edinburgh’s Christmas, Underbelly Southbank Festival, Leicester Square Christmas, Trafalgar Square Christmas Market and Edinburghs’ Hogmanay. Through its productions arm, Underbelly also produces and creates touring shows for the UK and European touring market.
For more information on Underbelly, please visit: www.underbelly.co.uk.
Job Description – Bar Manager, Leicester Square's Christmas
Leicester Square Christmas is in its 4thyear and consists of a Christmas Market and a Spiegeltent full of shows for the whole run. The Christmas Market consists of a traditional German Market, Santa’s Grotto, Food stalls and Two Bars that are operated by Underbelly. There is also a Bar within the Spiegeltent that is open for Pre-show and interval service. Our headline show Le Clique is a multi-award-winning cabaret show. The role is 5 days a week with an estimated 50 hours a week.
Bar Manager’s Role:
- Day to Day running of the bars.
- Daily reporting to the Underbelly’s Head of Bars.
- Managing a group of up to 25 staff, and a management team of 3.
- Set up of the bars for the festival and close down.
- Staff Training.
- Ensure all staff are happy and enthusiastic about work.
- Stock Control and ordering.
- Money handling.
- Diary Management.
- Ensuring Sponsors Requirements are met.
- Responsibility for rota and submission of staff hours.
- Experience in Bar Management is essential ideally within a festival environment.
- Must be a Personal License Holder.
- Highly organized individual who is able to work within a team from all levels.
- Important to be able to think on your feet and be highly comfortable problem solving.
- Ability to work accurately and effectively under pressure.
- An ability to work to deadlines, and plan and priorities short and long-term tasks effectively.
- Hard working and enthusiastic.
- Highly strong personal skills.
- A good understanding of computer Literacy.
- Basic understanding of H&S requirements and Environmental health Requirements.
- Although no specific qualifications are required the applicant must be able to demonstrate a good standard of literacy and numeracy.
- Tact, patience and diplomacy, in addition to infectious enthusiasm.
To apply, please fill in the application form here: https://underbelly.teamdetails.com
We regret that we will only be able to reply to shortlisted candidates.