Front of House Supervisor, Christmas in Leicester Square
Start Date: 04/11/2019
Job Title: Front of House Supervisor
Location: Leicester Square, London
Salary: £10.71 per hour
Department: Front of House
Reporting to: Front of House Manager
Underbelly is a UK based live entertainment company. Our vents and festivals division operate one of the largest operations at the Edinburgh Festival Fringe, selling over 460,000 tickets for over 200 shows, in 22 venues over 25 days in 2018.
2019 marks the eleventh year of Underbelly Festival on the Southbank - one of the biggest multi-arts offerings in London and London’s original pop-up festival, with over 140 shows programmed over 6 months on the South Bank.
Underbelly also produces Edinburgh’s Hogmanay, Edinburgh’s Christmas, Christmas in Leicester Square, Underbelly Festival in Hong Kong and West End Live in Trafalgar Square for Westminster City Council and the Society of London Theatre.
In 2018 Underbelly sold over 1.5 million tickets to their various events.
For more information on Underbelly, visit www.underbelly.co.uk
Purpose of The Role
You’ll be working supporting the FOH manager by overseeing the front of house team on the ground. You will be responsible for co-ordinating all staff, their breaks and general welfare alongside the tasks that need to be attended to. You’ll be liaising with Santa to help him meet all the excited children, you will be helping coordinate the team managing the queues and working our shows in the Spiegeltent. You will be required to deal first-hand with customer problems and issues and resolve them in an efficient and friendly manner. This is not a desk role; you must be good on your feet and happy to scramble into action.
Experience in a theatre environment and with some health and safety training and staff management is preferred for these roles. You work closely with the Box Office Team and like them, meet lots of people and therefore must be a strong communicator. You must be a self-motivated, enthusiastic individual who can lead a team by example, with a strong focus on looking after the welfare of your team. You must be happy to work outdoors in all weathers.
Terms & Conditions
- This role is a fixed term contract, from the 4th of November 2019 – 6th of January 2020 inclusive. You should be available to work for the full period on a minimum 20-hour contract which includes, evenings and weekends.
- Staff Training takes place on the 4thof November and is compulsory.
- Pay for this role is £10.71 per hour, which will be paid fortnightly for the duration of the contract. Time and half will be paid on Boxing Day and on New Year’s Day. You should be able to work for the entire period.
- You will need to be over 18.
- You have to commit to working New Year's Eve daytime and evening.
- You may be required to work Christmas Eve, Boxing Day and New Year’s Day.
- Applications close: 04/11/2019
- To apply, please fill in the application form here: https://underbelly.teamdetails.com
- We regret that we will only be able to reply to shortlisted candidates.
Underbelly is committed to reducing its environmental impacts in its everyday operations. We are also committed to maintaining the open-access policy of Underbelly. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from all sectors of the community. We expect employees to support these commitments and to assist in their realisation.
All personal data submitted to Underbelly in the form of personal details forms is used for recruitment purposes and equal opportunities reporting only. By submitting an application you consent to the Underbelly retaining your personal data for these purposes. In accordance with GDPR all information submitted by unsuccessful applicants will be deleted within six months.